Sync developer from Edge to dev portal

Hi,

Is there a way to sync all the developers that we created by management API in edge to developer portal? Seems like if we use management API to create developers, those developers will be shown in edge, but not in dev portal. I also tried to run cron jobs in dev portal, but it seems the sync cron jobs on dev portal can only push the developers from dev portal to edge, but not vise versa.

Thanks

Solved Solved
0 7 877
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @hanzhang ,

Yes, Currently that's expected. Delete the developer from portal if you would like to delete any developer. Deleting the developer from edge UI & clicking on sync will recreate the developer in Edge UI.

Once you have the developer portal , Use portal for developer management.

• Use sync only if users is missing either in portal / edge UI
  • Sync will not take care of deleted developers. Neither in edge nor in the portal. It recreates developer in other if a developer is present in one of them.
  • If you want to delete developers, Use portal always.

Hope it helps.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

you can manually sync users by navigating to "admin/people" page and click on "Dev Portal developer sync" For more details check answer here.

Hi, Anil

Thanks for your reply. I actually knew this feature that we can sync the developer on the dev portal. But we got some issues here.

So lets say we remove a developer from edgeUI. Then I go to dev portal and click the 'developer sync' button right away. The thing is that it does not sync the developer from EdgeUI to dev portal. Instead, it sync the developer from Dev portal to EdgeUI.

So in our case, lets say I remove the developer A from edugeUI, then I click the 'Dev sync' button on dev portal, what we see is that the developer A will be re-created in edgeUI. It seems the data sync from dev-portal to edgeUI, not vise versa...

any ideas?

Thanks

Hi @hanzhang ,

Yes, Currently that's expected. Delete the developer from portal if you would like to delete any developer. Deleting the developer from edge UI & clicking on sync will recreate the developer in Edge UI.

Once you have the developer portal , Use portal for developer management.

• Use sync only if users is missing either in portal / edge UI
  • Sync will not take care of deleted developers. Neither in edge nor in the portal. It recreates developer in other if a developer is present in one of them.
  • If you want to delete developers, Use portal always.

Hope it helps.

Thanks @Anil Sagar, so the rule is

1. delete a developer from dev portal

2. but its ok to add developer from edgeui, then sync to dev portal.

right?

Thanks

@hanzhang , Yes, That's correct, "then sync to dev portal" (using the sync option in developer portal)

@Anil Sagar,

Two questions:

1. We are going to be migrating users from Edge to the developer portal. From my understanding this will cause user to have to provided/reset their passwords. We do NOT want an emails sent, as this is just a test. So are email sent to user informing them of this change automatically?

2. Is there away to see which Edge instance are tied to the Developer Portals? Currently we have:

• Local portal
  • Dev portal
  • Test portal
  • Live portal

How do i know/see which Edge they are associate with?

@John Banning , Welcome to Apigee Community. Answers are strictly for answers, Please post as a new Question.