Customize Apigee Edge Login Page

Not applicable

I'm just curious if it is possible/relatively simple to customize the Apigee Edge login page. What I have in mind for customizations are:

1) Remember Me checkbox to remember usernames

2) Alias replacement (i.e. rest call to swap out a user's uuid for their email address since the uuid's are always less characters to type than emails)

Both are just work-arounds for what we feel are small gaps in Edge's login UI, but I'm curious to find out how one would go about customizing the UI of the login page or the underlying angular app. Is there a specific jar to edit? Is some/all of it generated in some way so that it cannot be customized?

Thanks for any and all feedback!

Edit: Forgot to include the following information:
This is for an on-prem install. And I do realize that any customizations to the UI would most likely mean that each upgrade of edge would require the same customizations to be reapplied.

0 6 1,253
6 REPLIES 6

@David C. Burke

As far as i know, Unfortunately, It's not possible to customize Edge UI pages at this point of time

So what's the reason why?

All I really need to do at a minimum is add a custom script tag, checkbox, and modify the form tag and the rest of what I want to do can be done.

Given the jars to deploy Apigee Edge in an on-prem install, which jar would I need to look in to make these changes?

Edit: I'm currently assuming that the code used for the UI is stored in a static set of files somewhere. Maybe my assumption is incorrect.

Hello, I confirm, it's not possible.

The login page, js, css, ... (scala/play) are contained inside the files enterpriseui.enterpriseui-4.*.jar and enterpriseui.enterpriseui-4.*-assets.jar. Therefore, it's not possible to customize the UI.

It's a bad news. For example, the link "Forgot your password" is useless when you use external authentication. It would be nice to hide it.

EDGEUI-592Can now remove "Forgot Password" link from Edge UI when using Externalized Authentication provider

http://docs.apigee.com/release-notes/content/41609-edge-private-cloud-release-notes

Ramchanderch
Participant II

Is there any fix available for Login page customization in latest versions?

jincyv
Participant II

Hi,

I too want to customize the login page just to create a link to navigate back to Home page/Index page. Is it possible to use dynamic scripts to inject in the login page for giving a hyper link to logo to go back to Home page?

Please do let me know if there is any possibility to modify this template using javascript.

Jincy