Granting user access to create roles

WILLIT51
Participant II

I am interested in allowing API developers to create their own user roles within the Management Console and manage these roles themselves. I don't want them to be full admins, but simply to have the ability to create a userrole and then manage the membership of that userrole.

I found how I can do that via the Management APIs, but it would be nice if I could allow them to do this through the Mgmt Console also. However I cannot find a way to enable the Admin menu for them. Is there a user permission that I can grant them that would enable the Admin menu?

Solved Solved
0 5 285
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

hari_vr
Participant IV

From what I know, only an Admin gets access to the admin menu - so short of making all the developers admins, I am not sure what can be done here.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

hari_vr
Participant IV

From what I know, only an Admin gets access to the admin menu - so short of making all the developers admins, I am not sure what can be done here.

That's a bummer. I think you're right. I tried setting the permissions of a user role to exactly match that of the orgadmin role and it still did not get the Admin menu. So access to this menu evidently is not be controlled by permissions that are accessible through the mgmt APIs.

@WILLIT51 , Are you talking about developer portal / Apigee Edge Management UI ?

Management UI.

What in particular do you want to grant permission in admin menu because for different menus there are different paths set by APIGEE?

I was able to give Key Value Map access in the admin menu.