Development and Production Rate Plans for the same product

Not applicable

We have several accounts which have a Production rate plan for a product and they want to use the same product in their development application or for acceptance testing. The usage for development and acceptance testing should not be reduced from the Product rate plan transaction counter.

How can I solve this in Apigee?

@Jarosław Wojtalik@mchalmers@Srinivas Sudhindra@akhimich

Solved Solved
0 7 208
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

You always can create an acceptance testing dedicated developer for them which you can control.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

You always can create an acceptance testing dedicated developer for them which you can control.

Do you mean that I should have 3 Developers in the system?

- one for production with the Production rate plan for Product Maps

- one for development with the Development rate plan for Product Maps

- one for acceptance testing with the Testing rate for Product Maps

This means that each Developer will need to have its own email address, right? Could we somehow set the same email address for all these Developers?

Or are you saying that we create 3 Developers under one company?

>>- one for production with the Production rate plan for Product Maps

- one for development with the Development rate plan for Product Maps

- one for acceptance testing with the Testing rate for Product Maps

Yes that's what i meant, or you could just host the proxy in different env and have conditional Monetization policy. Lets say if API call comes in to the 'test' env - skip monetization policy.

But then you need to take care about enforcement.... how to protect the proxy etc....

Even if you use 3 developers under the same company - they still need to have diff addresses.

But that's a good idea to see the grouping.

Be aware, that company application shares same quota between all company developers.

Developer application uses only developer quota.

How about a rate plan where we say that the first 10K (sum of usage for development and acceptance testing) are free? Is this possible? and if yes, how?

"Testing RatePlan" with 10K as Freemium

Then have 1 testing developer subscribed to rate plan above and 1 production developer that you control.

Make sense?