Session Stickiness with APIGEE to TARGET SERVER communication

Hi,

I am a new user to APIGEE. I have a question regarding the load balancing configuration targeted for the Target Server end points.

In a deployment scenario without APIGEE, we can configure the load balancing policy as "session stickiness" so that all the requests from a given IP (desktop or mobile) will be forwarded to the same back-end server in an app server cluster so that in-memory cache can be effectively used in a transaction oriented scenario.

In a deployment scenario with APIGEE, how do we configure the load balancing policy to ensure session stickiness? I don't see a "session stickiness" policy for the load-balancer for Target End Points

Any help is highly appreciated.

regards

Vinodh

1 5 821
5 REPLIES 5

Not applicable

Edge doesn't offer the concept of session.

See load balancing across backend servers:

http://docs.apigee.com/api-services/content/load-balancing-across-backend-servers

Any Update on above question. I am aware that APIGEE Doesn't support Sticky session Load balancing, is their any recommended way of doing it? if critically required ! @Anil Sagar @ Google @Pratyush Mohapatra

Hi Vinodh were you able to configure the load balancing policy with stickiness? I am also looking for answear for this question.

Hi, My application has apigee gateway that has load balancer as target server. I enabled sticky session in the load balancer, however due to apigee the IPs are different. So I thought that perhaps cookie based sticky session might do the trick however, I am wondering if apigee would maintain same cookie for a particular client.

I'm not aware there's any use in trying to use sticky sessions on a load balancer in front of Apigee. Why do you think this is necessary and why are you trying to do this?