Apigee Edge Micro Gateway - Configure Error - Script node is still starting

Using Apigee Edge Microgateway Version 2.1.2, Trying to configure Apigee Edge settings. Below error is seen. Had anyone seen similar issue ? Any idea what's happening behind the scenes ? Any information regarding same will be helpful.

$> edgemicro configure -o xxxx -e test -u xxx@xxx.com 

{ [Error: cannot GET https://XXXX-test.apigee.net/edgemicro-auth/publicKey (500)]

text: '{"fault":{"faultstring":"Script node is still starting","detail":{"errorcode":"scripts.node.runtime.ScriptStillStarting"}}}' }

PS: Running same command once again solved the issue, Interested to know what exactly hapenning behind scenes.

Solved Solved
0 2 347
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

edgemicro-auth is an apiproxy that is deployed to edge when you run `edgemicro configure`. It also includes a script target [nodejs]

Once deployed - it makes calls to the same api proxy, i think in your case - nodejs startup was still pending even after the proxy is deployed,

we do not expect nodejs startup to be delayed, hence you are seeing the error. We need to better handle this error [maybe a retry]

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

edgemicro-auth is an apiproxy that is deployed to edge when you run `edgemicro configure`. It also includes a script target [nodejs]

Once deployed - it makes calls to the same api proxy, i think in your case - nodejs startup was still pending even after the proxy is deployed,

we do not expect nodejs startup to be delayed, hence you are seeing the error. We need to better handle this error [maybe a retry]

Thanks @Mukundha Madhavan , Yes , We need to handle it better. Maybe wait for few seconds / retry couple of times ? Let me log an issue in github.