What is the preferred environment for SmartDocs APIs prod/non-prod

SmartDocs is a playground for Developers so I expect it points to some non-prod environment like sandbox. This allows prod to stay free of experimental traffic from app developers and the accidental stress tests.

On the other hand, SmartDocs pointing to prod means that only one environment is ever exposed keeping attack surface small. DevPortal process of app registration and getting access to prod becomes straight forward.

What does your SmartDocs point to and why ?

0 2 148
2 REPLIES 2

@Madhan Sadasivam ,

Smartdocs is just like any other rest client. It doesn't matter prod/non-prod. They still need keys & access to the APIs to use smartdocs. We believe, you have taken care of traffic management in your proxy. So, I don't think stress test / attacks is an issue.

When it comes to experimental traffic, you will point same to the non-prod environment. Many portals that i have worked on, Smartdocs points to non-prod environment. Few actually points to prod environments.

Regarding, Registration & App creation, You need to enforce restrictions using portal permissions & products access by role config. You need to build that workflow / change configurations who gets access to which API products while creating apps.

Hope it helps.

Thanks Anil. I am more looking for references to what people do with environments.