Volume band decimal places

Not applicable

Hello All,

I am trying to set up volume based pricing via monetization and I have run into a problem where the price we are charging per request has more decimal place precision than what the UI will accept (according to the documentation the limit is 4 decimal places). An example charge would be $0.12 USD per 1000 API request = .00012 per request. Is there a way around this? Can you set more precision via the monetization API vs. the UI? Is the only other solution to consider these as "batch" requests, and charge per thousand vs. each request? And help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Chris

0 3 165
3 REPLIES 3

I would recommend to go batching. Or Bundle approach.

rajanish
Participant III

although api allows this. The reports and counting itself will ignore after 4 decimal places, I would not recommend configuring this through api.

llynch
Participant IV

Hi @Christopher M. Patti,

Just wanted to let you know that with release 17.03.13.01 (released on April 5th), you can configure the number of decimal places allowed for rate plan rates for your organization. For more information, see Configure the number of decimal places for rate plan rates. Hope this helps!

Thanks,

Liz