What is difference between quota.exceed.count and quota.total.exceed.count?

Hello Geeks!

I have come across a situation where my quota is exhausted and i'm getting these two variables populated.

As per documentation what I believe is exceed.count should give me the total number of request received after my quota was over.

But I'm confused what is the purpose of quota.total.exceed.count in that case, the documentation is not clear on these two variables?

Also when my quota was over I have seen, if I make any number of requests after that these two variables had value of 1, which I think should increase by the number of failed requests after quota violation.

Don't know if that is a bug from Apigee side. If any one has any insight on this please share your thoughts.

Thanks...

Solved Solved
0 3 205
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

sgilson
Participant V

My understanding is that:

• "ratelimit.exceed.count" is the number of requests that exceed the quota in the current interval.
  • "ratelimit.total.exceed.count" is the total number of requests that exceeded the quota across all intervals, so it is the sum of "ratelimit.exceed.count" for all quota intervals.

@Mohammed Zuber does that agree wth what you are seeing?

Stephen

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

@Mohammed Zuber , Thank you for highlighting same. @docs , What do you think about same ? I can able to reproduce the issue. Any idea what's the real use of above flow variables ?

sgilson
Participant V

My understanding is that:

• "ratelimit.exceed.count" is the number of requests that exceed the quota in the current interval.
  • "ratelimit.total.exceed.count" is the total number of requests that exceeded the quota across all intervals, so it is the sum of "ratelimit.exceed.count" for all quota intervals.

@Mohammed Zuber does that agree wth what you are seeing?

Stephen

In my own previous testing, I ran into the same issue, and it seems like a bug to me.