LDAP Policy - Number of records retrieved - Any Flow Variable Available ?

Hello Everyone,

We are using LDAP Policy in OPDK to query active directory. It works well & retrieves records, attributes. But the issue is variables are set like below.

LDAP.{policyname}.result.attribute.xxx = yyyy

LDAP.{policyname}.result[1].attribute.xxx = yyyy

LDAP.{policyname}.result[2].attribute.xxx = yyyy

We don't have any variable that tells how many records are retrieved. Today, We have to manually check using javascript & increment counter to verify record is available or not to find out total records retrieved. Any idea ?

1 3 252
3 REPLIES 3

Not an authoritative answer, but ...

When I want to do basic verification of a user's credentials, I'll use the LDAP policy.

When I want to do a search and scan, and filter things, then I'll use ldapjs in a nodejs Script endpoint. I've never tried to browserify ldapjs, but it might work. That would let you use ldapjs within a JS callout.

Not applicable

Hi Anil,

I have similar requirement and trying to use the LDAP policy to query the active directory.

You mentioned that you are able to increment the counter in a javascript loop and verify if a given record(attribute value) is present or not.

Could you please share the syntax to access the attribute value while running a loop.

I tried accessing the variable as shown below, but it gives a null value.

var record = context.getVariable('ldap.mypolicy.search.result.attribute.memberOf[i]');

If i hardcode the index value, i am able to fetch the record, but i need to fetch the values dynamically in a loop.

Thanks,

Prasad

Hi All,

Can someone please help me with this query.

Thanks,

Prasad