Custom Attribute variable reference not consistent on Access Token

Not applicable

I'm experiencing an issue where, seemingly randomly, the apiproduct.<custom_attr> becomes apiproduct.apiproduct.<custom_attr> on the Access Token. I can't seem to nail down why it occurs. I can see when the Access Token is generated, the variables are set correctly. But occasionally on an API request using this same token, the variable seems to get corrupted or concatt'ed with an additional "apiproduct".

What I'm doing is setting Custom Attributes on the Product that I reference in a Spike Arrest Policy. For example, I have an attribute set on the API Product where Key: product.spikearrest, Value: 10ps and a Spike Arrest Policy with the following config:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?><SpikeArrest async="false" continueOnError="false" enabled="true" name="Product-Spike-Arrest"> <DisplayName>Product Spike Arrest</DisplayName> <Properties/> <Identifier ref="apiproduct.name"/> <MessageWeight ref="request.header.weight"/> <Rate ref="apiproduct.product.spikearrest"/> </SpikeArrest>

I noticed the issue while we were performance testing the our E2E setup. The tester used the same API Key and authenticated via OAuth 20 times to simulate 20 different process.

What is causing this to happen? Am I doing something wrong? Let me if I need to provide more details.

0 1 176
1 REPLY 1

@Dan Johnson , Welcome to Apigee Community.

I am unable to reproduce above behavior on cloud, Do you still see this issue ? It might be temporary if you have changed the attribute name due to some caching. Keep us posted if you still see this issue & provide us more info like Apigee Edge Version , steps to reproduce above issue.