Error Headers in Proxy post client flow

Not applicable

Hi Devs,

I am getting a timeout error from service callout and internal error flow is triggered and a fault rule which executes assign message policy is triggered as shown in attached image.

The questions are about what follows after error, I see a tall standing bar in trace after response is sent to client;

The bar reads " Proxy post client flow" followed AX(analytics).

1) I didn't configured any post client flow policy, so why it is there?

2) In trace , under thispostclientflow.gif tall bar, following error headers are shown;

Error headers:

Content-Type application/jsonapplication/json
X-Apigee.dp.color blue
X-Apigee.fault-code steps.servicecallout.ExecutionFailed
X-Apigee.fault-flag false

X-Apigee.fault-flow XYZ

X-Apigee.fault-policy XYZ

etc.

What are these error headers ? certainly they don't appear in rest client in response from Apigee. Can these headers be used in any of policy in fault rules?

Thanks

0 1 699
1 REPLY 1

@ansmayank ,

PostClientFlow is executed after the response is sent back to the client. PostClientFlow is used to capture API runtime information into analytics for reports. MessageLoggingPolicy can be used in this flow to log any information to syslog servers / 3rd party log servers like splunk / loggly. You can find more about PostClientFlow in Apigee Docs Understanding flows. It's as per design & out of the box.

Regarding, Error Headers,

• I believe Apigee uses them for debugging & logging purpose internally.
  • They will be helpful to trace & identify issues in case of errors.
  • Yes, They are not sent back to the client since they are meant for internal use.

Can these headers be used in any of policy in fault rules?

• I don't think so. These Error Headers are set after error flow that means you cannot use in fault rules that fall under error flow.

Hope it helps, Keep us posted if any.