Refresh Token grant type input options

Not applicable

I want to support both ways of passing grant_type for refresh token:
1. As a query param
2. As a form param
Is there a way to support both of this ? I see <Grant_Type> in RefreshToken Policy where I could specify where the value is coming from.

The <GrantType> accepts just variables, and I do not want to have a js policy to set some variable to refresh_token since 'grant_type' can be either form param or queryparam. If I specify static value (refresh_token) then an error is thrown "Required Param: grant_type". If I do not specify <GrantType>, then by default it expects 'grant_type' to be in 'formparams'.

Any workaround for this ?

1 1 496
1 REPLY 1

@Hanumant Jagtap

If you want to support a grant type included as a form param or a query param then you should use a JavaScript Callout Policy that will check the request form/query param and populate a flow variable depending on which one is included in the request.

var formParam = context.getVariable("request.queryparam.grant_type");
var queryParam = context.getVariable("request.formparam.grant_type");
if(formParam){
    context.setVariable("flow.grant_type", formParam);
} else if (queryParam) {
    context.setVariable("flow.grant_type", queryParam);
} else {
    context.setVariable("flow.grant_type", "");
}

Also include a RaiseFault policy after the JavaScript policy that raises a fault if the flow.grant_type variable is blank.

<Step>
       <Name>RaiseFaultGrantTypeNotIncluded</Name>
       <Condition>flow.grant_type == ""</Condition>
 </Step>

Your OAuth V2 Policy will then looks similar to the one below. Notice that it refers to the flow.grant_type variable that was created in the JavaScript callout.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?>
<OAuthV2 async="false" continueOnError="false" enabled="true" name="OAuth-v20-1">
    <DisplayName>OAuth v2.0-1</DisplayName>
    <Operation>RefreshAccessToken</Operation>
    <!-- This is in millseconds, so expire in an hour -->
    <ExpiresIn>3600000</ExpiresIn>
    <GrantType>flow.grant_type</GrantType>
    <GenerateResponse/>
</OAuthV2>