Does anyone have experience is connecting to BAPI from Apigee edge?

Not applicable

Does anyone have experience is connecting to BAPI from Apigee edge? We dont have a PI/PO layer. What would be the best way to connect to a BAPI in SAP.

Solved Solved
3 8 1,068
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Not applicable

I finally managed to get this working.

SAP Connector has two files

1. sapjco3.jar
  2. libsapjco 3.so << This file depends on the type of OS. You will need access to the SAP support portal to get your hands on these artifacts.

You can put the sapjco3.jar under /opt/apigee/edge-messageprocessor/thirdparty

Edit

/opt/apigee/edge-messageprocessor/init.d/edge-message-processor 

and add the line

export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/home/vagrant

Restart the MP

Now you can code your Java callout policy to include just a client that calls the BAPI.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

nmunro

Hi @rajeev@apigee.com,

We mainly use PI to expose BAPI to apigee but we recently worked with our Japanese counterparts to help get them going with Apigee.

For the PI connection to Apigee we also needed to implement a web dispatcher (reverse proxy)

The Japanese team don't have PI but their first API exposes BAPI using SAP Netweaver gateway and OData.

Could that be an option for you?

@kunitomo.shoji, are you able to add any more detail about the BAPI to Apigee connection?

Hi @Neil Munro thats what I need. The people I am working with also dont have PI. I am also trying to get access to a public instance where one can try this direct connectivity with BAPI. @kunitomo.shoji I look forward to hearing from you.

The best way depends on your SAP landscape .

If you already have pi/po in your landscape you make use of it.

However sap these days is providing option of https://github.com/SAP/node-rfc (nodejs).

Above method i like it personally.

Thanks @Sujith Mathew I saw this lib too. I am not an expert on SAP so I wasnt sure. Have you used this lib by deploying it on edge?

@rajeev@apigee.com

Yes, I have used the code in SAP api management (on premise solution provided by APIGEE ) , but did not deploy in productive environment .

My api requires high number of connections and thus looking out for some connection pooling mechanism via nodejs .

Else above works fine.

My installation of the node lib failed on centos. It looks like there is a dependency on http://sap.github.io/PyRFC/install.html#install-c-connector are you aware of this @Sujith Mathew

Hi @rajeev@apigee.com

Yes there seems to be a dependency, but those are usually taken care of SAP basis team as was our case.

Since inherent JDK 7.0/8.0 is available , why not use the tested and tried Java connector from SAP? . I am just wondering why no one mentioned to use it any forums etc.

The documentation for Java connector including examples is in https://help.sap.com/businessobject/product_guides/hci1/en/SAPJCo_Doku_3.0_EN.pdf

Basically its a jar file and .so file.

• sapjco3.jar (Windows and Linux)
  • sapjco3.dll (Linux: libsapjco3.so)

Wondering where i will keep the .so file in linux.

Any ideas?

Not applicable

I finally managed to get this working.

SAP Connector has two files

1. sapjco3.jar
  2. libsapjco 3.so << This file depends on the type of OS. You will need access to the SAP support portal to get your hands on these artifacts.

You can put the sapjco3.jar under /opt/apigee/edge-messageprocessor/thirdparty

Edit

/opt/apigee/edge-messageprocessor/init.d/edge-message-processor 

and add the line

export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/home/vagrant

Restart the MP

Now you can code your Java callout policy to include just a client that calls the BAPI.