If I delete a user in dev portal and the user has an app registered,Will those apps still function??

Not applicable

Solved Solved
2 8 448
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Great Question @putta.anusha , Welcome to Apigee Community,

When you use the Drupal Developer portal, if you delete a user in the administrative panels for Drupal, the following things happen,

• Apigee module deletes the Developer Account from Apigee.
  • This also causes All developer apps to be deleted. Any keys/credentials associated to those applications will become invalid.
  • Apps may function for few (~3) minutes due to cached keys or tokens. After the cache expires, all the keys / credentials will become invalid. VerifyAPIKey on those keys will fail. OAuthV2/VerifyAccessToken will fail.
  • As a result of those failures, Apps that depend on the de-activated credentials will stop functioning; you will see "Unauthorized" errors.

I hope this helps.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Great Question @putta.anusha , Welcome to Apigee Community,

When you use the Drupal Developer portal, if you delete a user in the administrative panels for Drupal, the following things happen,

• Apigee module deletes the Developer Account from Apigee.
  • This also causes All developer apps to be deleted. Any keys/credentials associated to those applications will become invalid.
  • Apps may function for few (~3) minutes due to cached keys or tokens. After the cache expires, all the keys / credentials will become invalid. VerifyAPIKey on those keys will fail. OAuthV2/VerifyAccessToken will fail.
  • As a result of those failures, Apps that depend on the de-activated credentials will stop functioning; you will see "Unauthorized" errors.

I hope this helps.

Thanks a lot Anil 🙂

Anytime @putta.anusha , Glad it helped. Keep us posted if any moving forward.

What happens if I select the option - "Delete the account and make its content belong to the Anonymous user" when deleting an user in Drupal dev portal.

Not applicable

If the developer is deleted , the associated developer apps also get deleted.

Thanks for the reply. I can see all apps created by the user in Drupal Dev portal when I selected the "Delete the account and make its content belong to the Anonymous user" option. But in Edge UI, these apps are deleted. Please clarify.

That is likely a caching issue.

The "source of truth" , the primary data store for Apigee, is in the Apigee control plane. The Drupal developer portal may have a snapshot or cache of that data, but ... at runtime when the API gateways check credentials, they consult the Apigee datastore, not the developer portal.

do we have an management API call where we can delete the user from Developer portal ?