Multiple Target Endpoints - Group

Not applicable

I have some 100s of POST flows under in a proxy. In that list of services, some of them pointing to Target A, some Target B and So on. what is best way to handle this scenario ?

Example :

Service# 1,2,5,9 are need to look Target A.

Service# 3,9,11,12 are need to look Target B

and So on.

Thanks in Advance.

0 7 4,931
7 REPLIES 7

Do you need a single proxy for some reason? Without knowing more my default choice is "use two proxies."

If it must be a single proxy, I think Route Rules are the way to go: http://docs.apigee.com/api-services/content/understanding-routes

Yes, unfortunately It has to be Single Proxy.

ok, updated answer.. Check out the section on route rules with conditional routes

you mean route rule based on path suffix ?

Not applicable

Hello @Kumaresan Sithambaram,

Typically, we use the approach of routing to the backends based on the route rules. And I create the route rules with same condition as that of conditional flow.

Do you see a challenge there ?

@Meghdeep Basu Thanks ! I see what you meant.... I have 600+ conditional flows which I created using kind of Automation out side of proxy and incorporated into the proxy in order to create POST condition flows. As I mentioned in original question all flows are not in point to same target end-point which mean server & domain of the target endpoint is same, only path of the endpoint would vary. So, If I write route rule condition as same as conditional flow for each conditional flow, the maintenance would be more... but if no other better way, then i have to live with this. But, please let me know if any other better option.

hi @kumaresan sithambaram,

Best practice is to create separate proxies for groups of relevant targets.

Since you can't do that, best bet is to set a variable say target-group1 to true in request preflows of all the conditional flows that are under target-group1 and the target1 to true.

Now in route rules you just need to put condition that target-group1 = "true" and whetever target you want the request to be routed is equal to true.

This way you will be able to achieve target grouping easily.

Hope that helps you!