OAuth2 with external IDP for developer portal

Not applicable

Hi All,

We are trying to integrate our developer portal for users to log into your Drupal site authenticating against a remote IDP using Oauth2, authorization code flow with some minor deviations from standard OAuth spec, which would mean we need implement/extend our custom code with OOB modules.

we tried exploring OAuth Authentication module and OAuth Connector module and few others, but find none to be a very easy to use fix. Wanted to check with the community on some recommendations to be used.

Also, once the user is authorized using OAuth, we want to capture few additional info in our developer portal about user. Any suggestions on how that should be handled and any implications that might have on Edge->Dev portal integration?

Thanks in advance for the help.

Thanks,
Sathya

Solved Solved
0 5 1,011
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Any time you use an IdP that does not conform to the specifications, you will be writing code.

Maybe helpful: I've used OpenID Connect module with the Apigee Edge developer portal, and with generic Drupal sites (not that i would expect any difference). Works great. It requires that your IdP support OpenID Connect. I made some modifications to get it to work with Azure AD.

As for capturing additional information - not sure. You may try asking on stackexchange. That question is kind of independent of Apigee Edge. A generic Drupal question.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Not applicable

Bumping this again for notice 🙂

Any time you use an IdP that does not conform to the specifications, you will be writing code.

Maybe helpful: I've used OpenID Connect module with the Apigee Edge developer portal, and with generic Drupal sites (not that i would expect any difference). Works great. It requires that your IdP support OpenID Connect. I made some modifications to get it to work with Azure AD.

As for capturing additional information - not sure. You may try asking on stackexchange. That question is kind of independent of Apigee Edge. A generic Drupal question.

Thanks @Dino

We are using the OAuth2 Client module and extending it to suit our requirements. For capturing additional info, we are thinking of redirecting to edit user page, which would get info from IDP and capture the other details.

Thanks for the pointers.

Can you help me with this. I need to connect to my organization's idp using oauth2. I have started using oauth2 client. Not succesful so far.

hi Vipin, I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble. Please ask your question using the "Ask a Question" button.

4124-ask-a-question-2.png

Also, to maximize chances of getting a useful answer, Be specific when you ask. "I want to connect to my organization's IdP using OAuth2. Can you help?" won't cut it. You'll need to be specific and detailed about what you're doing, what kind of OAuth2 grant you want to use, what user audience the IdP manages, how it is accessible, and so on.