Is polling possible for calling different endpoints through Apigee?

I have a scenario in which I have multiple targets endpoints and services are routed to them using route rules.But what i would like to know is it possible to call a target endpoint A for resources 1,2,3 every 4 hours and for resources 4,5,6 once daily .it possible to call a target endpoint B for resources x,y,z every 10 min and for resources a,b,c once a week. @anilsagar @Mujahed Sebai

Solved Solved
0 2 406
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Yes, you can do that...using configuration outside of Apigee Edge. I think the easiest way to do that, would be via a cron job. or schtasks.exe on windows. or similar. (Chronos, jobber, anacron, etc) This would be configured outside of Apigee Edge, outside of any Apigee infrastructure.

You would use one of those things to create a job that invokes curl. Curl would send a ping or health-check request to an API managed by Apigee Edge . You would want to design the request and the proxy so that when the request arrives, it would result in a request being sent to target endpoint B, or C or whatever, on the schedule you desire.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Can you clarify the question a bit? Are you asking if the calls can originate from within the platform or can the traffic be routed based on time? And can you explain a bit why you want to vary things in that manner?

Yes, you can do that...using configuration outside of Apigee Edge. I think the easiest way to do that, would be via a cron job. or schtasks.exe on windows. or similar. (Chronos, jobber, anacron, etc) This would be configured outside of Apigee Edge, outside of any Apigee infrastructure.

You would use one of those things to create a job that invokes curl. Curl would send a ping or health-check request to an API managed by Apigee Edge . You would want to design the request and the proxy so that when the request arrives, it would result in a request being sent to target endpoint B, or C or whatever, on the schedule you desire.