JConsole, JMC or JVisualVM are unable to monitor Apigee Components other than CS.

Not applicable

I have 4.15.07 version of Apigee Edge installed over 5+ nodes implementation. Everything is working fine other than monitoring the components over JConsole using JMX ports. I am able to monitor only CS nodes but nothing else like MP, QPIDD, QPID-SERVER, PGm, PGs or even MS.

I think I know the problem is with JMX ports not listening as I cannot see these ports listening on using nestat -l command on each server. Only port 7199 is listening on CS nodes which I am able to connect using JConsole.

Any inputs?

2 3 443
3 REPLIES 3

Not applicable
@Gagandeep Singh

you would need to manually enable JMX on all components. Need to do this at two places. 1) Native java- jmxremote and 2) custom/system properties for the respective components. Add JVM arguments that are already working for you on CS, to other components

Refer to http://docs.apigee.com/private-cloud/latest/how-monitor as well

Thanks Jason for your reply. I have verified and everything looks OK. What I recently found from the logs back to the date when the server was last started that SSL is desabled for JMX ports on all the servers. See the log below from MS

2016-07-01 11:39:37,180 main WARN RMI - RMIServer.createSocketFactories() : SSL is disabled for 0.0.0.0:1099

Now I need to find a recommended way to enable the ports for SSL I have in place.

Not applicable

Well I created the case with the Apigee but unable to fix the issue with 4.15.07. Anyhow, I had to updated the Apigee version to the latest 4.16.05 which has fixed the issue and things are working fine now. Reason for the initial issue is still unknown.