Deploying API Proxy on Apigee using Jenkins

Not applicable

I have a problem on Apigee Edge.

I followed the steps on this page:

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/jenkins-continuous-delivery-apigee-sean-williams

The build on Jenkins is successful but when I accessed my APigee Edge account, there is no deployed proxy.

Can anyone help? Thank you!

0 7 1,796
7 REPLIES 7

@Junnes Ashley Pineda , That's very strange. Can you post the jenkins output by masking the confidential information ? Are you sure you are checking the right org ?

Not applicable

3479-capture.png

@Anil Sagar thank you for your response. I am getting this output on Jenkins. I have no idea if it is the right output since there are no screenshot provided on the tutorial link but I followed the steps indicated there.

@Junnes Ashley Pineda , It's just checked out the code from GIT. It didn't run any build / deploy proxy to Apigee Edge. Are you sure you have configured Maven / Provided Apigee Edge information in Jenkins Job Configuration ?

@Anil Sagar No, I haven't configured anything in apigee edge yet. And regarding maven too. I was not able to access the repo in git so I just import it using bitbucket and was able to copy the files in git. Thanks Anil.

@Junnes Ashley Pineda , Sorry, mybad, Above article is using the apigeetool instead of maven. Are you sure nodejs is installed in your machine ? And also i see you are using windows machine, above article is written keeping in mind unix / macosx.

@Anil Sagar yes, the nodejs is installed. as well as the apigeetool. But how come that it is working fine on Jenkins? even if I am using windows? thank you.

I have released a tool that can be used to retrieve Apigee organization settings. This tool has been in use internally at Apigee for some time, but this is the first time it has been released to the public. It uses the Apigee management API to pull configuration data, and that data to be pulled is configurable. The data is stored in a hierarchical directory structure, which can be archived, explored, or used to compare organizations. It can be used with both the Apigee Edge cloud and on-prem offerings. This is the tool referred to in the video Michael Bissell mentions in another answer here Org Snapshot video.

A few caveats:

1. This tool does not retrieve all data from an organization. For example, it does not retrieve API proxies. Use the Apigee management UI or management API to retrieve API proxies.
  2. The tool is composed of a few bash scripts. It has been successfully run on Linux and Mac OS X.
  3. The tool does not write data back into the organization, although the files it retrieves can often be POSTed back to the organization using the management API.

This tool is released as-is. It is not officially supported by Apigee.