Receiving error when implementing ExternalRoleMapperService in Private Cloud

Not applicable

0 5 287
5 REPLIES 5

Not applicable

I am attempting to implement the external role mapper service found on page 19 of the ExtAuthConfig.pdf and am receiving an error when I restart the management server. I have followed the sample code, including altering the management-server.properties and placing the jar in my path. This is the error that I am seeing:

2016-08-29 16:30:43,636 main ERROR SERVICES.RBAC - AuthenticationServiceImpl.loadRoleMapperImpl() : Class not found while loading role mapper implementation class resources.UnableToLoad. 2016-08-29 16:30:43,639 main ERROR KERNEL - ErrorMessages.getFaultFlagResourceBundle() : Resource bundle resources-faultflag.properties was found, Adding an empty bundle 2016-08-29 16:30:43,643 main ERROR KERNEL.DEPLOYMENT - ServiceDeployer.startService() : ServiceDeployer.deploy() : Got a life cycle exception while starting service [AuthenticationService, Unable to load the customer/externalized implementation class] : {} com.apigee.kernel.exceptions.spi.UncheckedException: Unable to load the customer/externalized implementation class at com.apigee.rbac.impl.AuthenticationServiceImpl.loadRoleMapperImpl(AuthenticationServiceImpl.java:603) ~[rbac-1.0.0.jar:na] at com.apigee.rbac.impl.AuthenticationServiceImpl.start(AuthenticationServiceImpl.java:307) ~[rbac-1.0.0.jar:na] at com.apigee.kernel.service.deployment.ServiceDeployer.startService(ServiceDeployer.java:167) [microkernel-1.0.0.jar:na] at com.apigee.kernel.service.deployment.ServiceDeployer.deploy(ServiceDeployer.java:70) [microkernel-1.0.0.jar:na] at com.apigee.kernel.service.deployment.ServiceDeployer.deployDependantServices(ServiceDeployer.java:356) [microkernel-1.0.0.jar:na] at com.apigee.kernel.service.deployment.ServiceDeployer.deploy(ServiceDeployer.java:76) [microkernel-1.0.0.jar:na] 2016-08-29 16:30:43,644 main ERROR KERNEL - MicroKernel.deployAll() : MicroKernel.deployAll() : Error in deploying the deployment : ZooKeeperService com.apigee.kernel.exceptions.spi.UncheckedException: Unable to load the customer/externalized implementation class at com.apigee.rbac.impl.AuthenticationServiceImpl.loadRoleMapperImpl(AuthenticationServiceImpl.java:603) ~[rbac-1.0.0.jar:na] at com.apigee.rbac.impl.AuthenticationServiceImpl.start(AuthenticationServiceImpl.java:307) ~[rbac-1.0.0.jar:na] at com.apigee.kernel.service.deployment.ServiceDeployer.startService(ServiceDeployer.java:167) ~[microkernel-1.0.0.jar:na] at com.apigee.kernel.service.deployment.ServiceDeployer.deploy(ServiceDeployer.java:70) ~[microkernel-1.0.0.jar:na] at com.apigee.kernel.service.deployment.ServiceDeployer.deployDependantServices(ServiceDeployer.java:356) ~[microkernel-1.0.0.jar:na] at com.apigee.kernel.service.deployment.ServiceDeployer.deploy(ServiceDeployer.java:76) ~[microkernel-1.0.0.jar:na]

Not applicable

It appears that it is failing to find a class, however I have verified that I placed the correct path name as well as the class name. Does anyone know what this error specifically means?

Not applicable

Also, do I need to package the authentication-1.0.0.jar file in the compiled jar class or is that pulled from the runtime?

@Eric Were you able to implement this ?

No, Apigee ended up retracting support for this feature due to it not working. I created a scheduled java process using management API calls to mirror AD groups with Apigee roles.