Setting up a proxy for SMTP mail relay

Not applicable

Is it possible to setup a basic proxy on Edge that can connect to an internal, corporate SMTP relay to allow other internal/external servers to centrally connect to a corporate SMTP/Exchange relay? This isn't specifically for the Edge UI or the Dev Portal to send emails, rather for other servers that have a need to send email to be able to send it through a central control point (i.e. Edge) to maintain access and to reduce admin overhead with white listing/firewall rules when granting system access to a central SMTP relay.

0 3 1,843
3 REPLIES 3

Edge supports HTTP, HTTPS, TCP, and outbound MQTT (as far as I know). Unless you have a service using one of those protocols or a way of tunneling SMTP through HTTP I don't think you would have much luck.

In this case you may look at one of the smtp proxies out there or configure nginx as one and apply security policies / rules. For cloud & global distribution I would have a look at SendGrid.

If Edge supports TCP connections and can do Java callouts, wouldn't an SMTP proxy still be possible somehow? I'd really appreciate it if some more details can be provided here.

Not applicable

Thank you so much! Was having the same problem with the proxy server, well, that time spotted your hint pretty quickly. Solved the problem with my proxy server rather quickly