Issues with Apigee Edge Azure Marketplace Private Cloud Deployment

Not applicable

I've finally been able to deploy an XSmall instance of Apigee Edge Azure Marketplace deployment in the Azure Southeast Region. However, when I attempt to connect to the management instance, following the instructions explained in this Youtube Video (http://apigee.com/about/tags/azure), I get a 'connection refused' error when I copy the MANAGEMENTPUBLICDNSNAME value from the Apigee Resource Group -> Deployments -> Apigee.apigee-edgeapigee-edge-2016... -> Outputs -> MANAGEMENTPUBLICDNSNAME

The RUNTIMEPUBLICDNSNAME also doesn't resolve to anything nor does the MANAGEMENTUI. I've tried these links on several devices and internet connections. I can confirm that firewalls are not blocking anything. Is there another step that I've missed here in setting up this deployment?

0 5 281
5 REPLIES 5

Not applicable

Hi @James,

The management UI listens on port 9000. If the installation is successful, you should be able to access it at http://MANAGEMENTPUBLICDNSNAME:9000

If that is not working, couple of things to check:

Do you see that the deployment is completed without any errors?

Are you able to log in to the management instance from SSH.

If yes, can you check a few things:

1. do you see /opt/apigee4 folder?

2. If yes, check /opt/apigee4/bin/all-status.sh

3. If you see that the components are not running (happens if you restart the instance usually), try /opt/apigee4/bin/all-start.sh

4. Check for logs in /opt/apigee4/var/logs

By the way, the 'RUNTIMEPUBLICDNSNAME' is only used for 5 node (medium) and 9 node (large) deployment types where there are 2 Router/Message Processors (runtime components) and they have to sit behind a load balancer.

For 1 node deployment (XSmall) - the LB is not created, and this should not resolve to anything.

Hi Sandeep. I can connect via SSH but I can't log in. I'm sure my SSH keys and credentials are correct but I still can't connect. I'm using the "adminUsername" as part of my SSH call but I still can't connect. I get an access denied error. Equally, none of the HTTP ports seem to resolve to anything except a connection refused (9000, 9001, 9002, 8080, 80 etc).

ssh <ip address> -l adminUsername

Hi Sandeep, i managed to correct the SSH login error. all-status.sh reported that all of the components were started and running and I can now access the management UI. All good. Thanks for your help!

great !!! Let us know your feedback on the marketplace offering and how Apigee can make your Azure experience better.