Bulk upload of files on Dev Portal puts the files under /files, this is great, but if we have same file names then there is no way to differentiate the 2 files.

Not applicable

Let's say, I upload abc.html to the dev portal and I get the url to access abc.html, now let's say I have another abc.html(same file name but the context and content are different), and when I upload the second abc.html, the access path for both the html's remains the same and there is no way to pick up the one I would really want to use.

I think you should provide the folder path when uploading the files on dev portal?

Any suggestions and ideas?

0 1 181
1 REPLY 1

@Satya S Singeetham ,

As you know, Apigee Developer Portal is built on top of Drupal CMS. It handles file names & appends _0 , _1 if it finds same file name. You haven't mentioned where exactly you are uploading files. If i am not wrong, You are using one of the content type methods form pages to create content. Files are always associated with nodes if you are using Content Type Fields. In the field settings page, you can use tokens to make the file name unique. It's not a mandatory thing where all files are written /files directory, you can change the path & have your own folders inside files directory. You need to update file path settings inside Content Type -> Field settings page.

Keep us posted with more info if you have any queries.