Path parameter accepting curly braces in the value but doesn't show up in curl command

Not applicable

Hi All,

We have one API published on developer portal which has a path parameter in it.

In the path parameter if we are giving curly braces in the value then it removes those curly braces while calling the API. I do not see any curly braces in curl command or request made.

Following image will give more clarity on the issue.

3353-defect.jpg

I was wondering why it is happening?? Is this kind of default behavior of developer portal??

Please help.

0 3 901
3 REPLIES 3

@Vipul Agarwal ,

Yes, It's default behaviour. It gives example curl call which you can copy paste into command line & try out the API.

It's as per design. Hope it's helpful.

@Anil Sagar

Ok. So developer portal automatically removes the curly braces in the value before hitting the API?? Why I am asking is because we get error for other special characters (we have applied validation in the API) but not for curly braces. e.g. /products/1234**345 will give error but /products/1234{45}67 will return a successful response

@Vipul Agarwal , Curly braces indicates that it's a dynamic variable / path segment. You need to replace same with actual value. I believe you will remove the curly braces before you input values in the UI.

Regarding, special characters, I am not sure about that. You need to trace in the API & see what's going on.