Access Token API documentation to enable MFA in management API calls?

Hi,

We have to enable Multi Factor Authentication in our management API calls. But it seems that API call to get the token to access the management API calls is not present in the Apigee docs (or I couldn't find it 😞 ). There are couple of tools mentioned here: http://docs.apigee.com/api-services/content/using-oauth2-security-apigee-edge-management-api#howtoge....

Both the tools are command line based, but we have to call management APIs through one of our APIs so it is not possible for us to use any of the mentioned tools.

Could anyone help me by pointing me to the correct documentation?

Solved Solved
1 7 1,277
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Apigee has released the documentation some time back. We needed it for one of our monitoring API which calls Apigee Analytics to check if any error occurred in the span of last 15 minutes. As to query analytics Apigee's user credentials is required, so when we got MFA enabled, the API stopped working, which was obvious.

So to make that work we started generated the OTP in the API only in the way, this community post has mentioned.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

@Anil Sagar

, @Dino

Could you please help with this ?

jdsa

The get_token and acurl script get an access token from the apigee sso. If you read the get_token script, you can find the calls to get an access token for use with the management API. Let me know if you still have questions.

Thanks @Joel D'sa for your response.

Though I can get the request from those scripts, I want to refrain from doing that because one of our APIs in production would be consuming it. Hence, unless the API sepcs are published by Apigee I can't use that API call.

It would be a great help if you can point me to that API's specs.

jdsa

The token is obtained using OAuth2. The IDP is at https://login.apigee.com

Not applicable

@aagrawal did you try the documentation here . Can you share your use case, if it is something other than deployment automation?

Apigee has released the documentation some time back. We needed it for one of our monitoring API which calls Apigee Analytics to check if any error occurred in the span of last 15 minutes. As to query analytics Apigee's user credentials is required, so when we got MFA enabled, the API stopped working, which was obvious.

So to make that work we started generated the OTP in the API only in the way, this community post has mentioned.

Not applicable