Anyone working on a microgateway puppet module?

Not applicable

Hello, our organization is looking to use Edge Microgateway for our on-premise management of access to APIs.

We use puppet wherever possible to install and configure all of the software running on those on-premise VMs / physical servers. Often these environments are setup for HA / failover so the same org+env configuration might be on running on multiple VMs.

Is anyone else working on a puppet module to do the following based on the provided parameters, e.g. org, environment, env keys, installation dir, logging dir, params related to the default.yaml file, etc:

1. Install Node
  2. Install the edgemicro NPM module to a specified location
  3. Create a microgateway user / group (to use for running the process)
  4. Template a systemd configuration with the necessary startup environments variables etc. set
  5. Template the default.yaml file
  6. Ensure the systemd service is running / stopped and restarted if the default.yaml file is updated

If no-one is, we may consider open-sourcing a puppet module that does this if others in the community would get value from it. If you are also interested in this, please leave a comment below.

1 2 346
2 REPLIES 2

Hi @David Teirney,

I know some teams that have built them, but are not open sourcing. I think it would be great if you did! Community would certainly benefit.

I'd be interested in this, any update?