Is it possible to use a self signed client certificate for Apigee mutual SSL configuration?

Not applicable

We have imported Apigee's certificates into a local JKS truststore. We have created a local JKS keystore with our self signed certificate and associated private key.

We seem to be getting a java.net.ConnectException: Connection timed out: connect on jMeter while testing this connection. So, is it possible to use a self signed client certificate for Apigee mutual SSL configuration?

Thanks.

Solved Solved
0 4 1,431
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Yes it is possible. But if it self signed then the client which you are using might be doing the cert validations automatically and determining the certificate is not trusted ?

I am not an expert on jmeter by any means but I use curl quite often. While dealing with a self signed certificate I typically need to provide an option called -K to the curl command to force curl to stop validating the ssl cert. Unless I do that I will get a similar error with curl. Is there anything like that happening ?

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Yes it is possible. But if it self signed then the client which you are using might be doing the cert validations automatically and determining the certificate is not trusted ?

I am not an expert on jmeter by any means but I use curl quite often. While dealing with a self signed certificate I typically need to provide an option called -K to the curl command to force curl to stop validating the ssl cert. Unless I do that I will get a similar error with curl. Is there anything like that happening ?

"java.net.ConnectException: Connection timed out: " - suggests that its failing to establish a connection itself, maybe you want to check if the URLs in jmeter is correct and the URL is accessible from the jmeter instance

Not applicable

Thanks for the replies. We performed the same test a few days later and now, it seems to be working. So Apigee does accept self-signed certificates.

May be Apigee refreshed it's Cert cache (if there is such a thing), over the weekend?

Thanks.

Not applicable

Would'nt the -k option defeat the purpose of mutual SSL? Or would it only skip the client side validation?

Thanks for the reply.