error: "Is Developer Suspended - true" though no RatePlans accepted

Not applicable

Hi there,

I do not understand why I get error 403 "Is Developer Suspended - true" even though the developer has no RatePlan accepted.

Here is what I did:

My goal was to have a user being able to make API calls without having to accept a RatePlan even though the Product has one RatePlan configured.

1. I created a Product and a Package with a RatePlan for this Product

2. I created a new user. Note: I have monetization enabled for my organization

curl -X POST -H "Authentication: Bearer YW...8E" -H "Content-Type: application/json" -H "Authorization: Basic ZW...A=" -H "Cache-Control: no-cache" -H "Postman-Token: 44...6" -d '{
"email" : "emilia5.ipate@gmail.com",
"firstName" : "Emilia Test",
"lastName" : "Five",
"userName" : "emiliaTestFive",
"status" : "active",
"attributes" : [ {
"name" : "MINT_SUPPORTED_CURRENCY",
"value" : "usd"
}, {
"name" : "MINT_REGISTRATION_ID",
"value" : "emiliaTestFive"
}, {
"name" : "MINT_DEVELOPER_LEGAL_NAME",
"value" : "emiliaTestFive"
}, {
"name" : "MINT_DEVELOPER_TYPE",
"value" : "UNTRUSTED"
}, {
"name" : "MINT_BILLING_TYPE",
"value" : "PREPAID"
}, {
"name" : "MINT_IS_BROKER",
"value" : "FALSE"
}, {
"name" : "MINT_DEVELOPER_ADDRESS",
"value" : "{\"address1\":\"SomeAddress\",\"city\":\"Pleasanton3\",\"country\":\"US3\",\"isPrimary\":\"true\",\"state\":\"CA2\",\"zip\":\"22201\"}"
} ]
}' "https://api.enterprise.apigee.com/v1/organizations/emea-demo5/developers"

3. I created an application for this developer "emilia5.ipate@gmail.com". I never accepted a RatePlan for this developer because I want him to use the product for free as long as he wants without any RatePlan.

4. Using the apikey for this developer I made calls to the API under the product. The first 1 or 2 calls succeeded, but then I kept on getting 403 Forbidden

<error><messages><message>Exceeded developer limit configuration -  </message><message>Is Developer Suspended - true </message>
                    </messages>
                </error><br>

Can anyone please explain what is happening and did I do wrong? I want this user to make API calls without having to accept a RatePlan.

Solved Solved
0 4 345
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Emilia,

The moment there is atleast one active rateplan for a api-product, The product is treated as monetized product and developer has to accept the plan in order to make api calls mapped to that api-product.

if you are intended to make api calls without subscribing for any plan then use different api-product which does not have any active rateplan or create new one for using it for free forever. (you need to associate this new-free-product to developer's app and remove the monetized product)

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Not applicable

@jaroslaw.wojtalik@tomtom.com

Hi Emilia,

The moment there is atleast one active rateplan for a api-product, The product is treated as monetized product and developer has to accept the plan in order to make api calls mapped to that api-product.

if you are intended to make api calls without subscribing for any plan then use different api-product which does not have any active rateplan or create new one for using it for free forever. (you need to associate this new-free-product to developer's app and remove the monetized product)

Thank you @rajanish@apigee.com. I understand now that I can create a different api product for offering it for free to anyone.

Hi Emilia,

I was just reffering the above conversation on Accepting the Rate plan for particular Product.

In the last comment you mentioned that you have created different api product for offering it for free to anyone.Is that something you have just created a product and provided the api key to every one to access your api.Or there ia any thing that is spefic to create free for the users.??