How to delete all the cache entries from different proxies sharing the same keyFragment value with the proxies scope of Application ?

Not applicable

Here is the scenario,

• I have two proxies proxyA and proxyB both have scope of "Application(org_env_proxyA/proxyB)" and share a common keyfragment value(let's say "AB").
  • I am using Application scope in order to make unique entries into cache resource for the two proxies.
  • I have proxyC which has only invalidate Cache policy with only key fragment value(which is used by proxyA and proxyB i.e, "AB") and no prefix or scope.

But when i run the proxyC the cache entries created by proxyA(org_env_proxyA_AB) and proxyB(org_env_proxyB_AB) are still active.

As per documentation invalidateCache only considers keyFragment when "PurgeChildEntries" is set to true. Please advice.

Proxy A:(cacheKey : org_env_proxyA_AB , keyFragment =AB)

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?>
<ResponseCache async="false" continueOnError="false" enabled="true" name="Response-Cache">
    <DisplayName>Response Cache-1</DisplayName>
    <Properties/>
    <CacheKey>
        <Prefix/>
        <KeyFragment ref="holdsValAB" type="string"/>
    </CacheKey>
    <Scope>Application</Scope>
    <ExpirySettings>
        <ExpiryDate/>
        <TimeOfDay/>
        <TimeoutInSec ref="">600</TimeoutInSec>
    </ExpirySettings>
    <CacheResource>testCache</CacheResource>
</ResponseCache>

Proxy B: (cacheKey : org_env_proxyB_AB , keyFragment =AB)

<ResponseCache async="false" continueOnError="false" enabled="true" name="Response-Cache">
    <DisplayName>Response Cache-1</DisplayName>
    <Properties/>
    <CacheKey>
        <KeyFragment ref="holdsValAB" type="string"/>
    </CacheKey>
    <Scope>Apllication</Scope> 
    <ExpirySettings>
        <ExpiryDate/>
        <TimeOfDay/>
        <TimeoutInSec ref="">600</TimeoutInSec>
    </ExpirySettings>
    <CacheResource>testCache</CacheResource>
</ResponseCache>

Proxy C:(keyFragment =AB) : will this still consider scope when "PurgeChildEntries" is set to true?

<InvalidateCache name="Invalidate-Cache-1" enabled="true" continueOnError="false" async="false">
    <DisplayName>Invalidate Cache-1</DisplayName>
    <Properties/>
    <CacheKey>
              <KeyFragment ref="holdsValAB"/>
    </CacheKey>
    <Scope>Apllication</Scope>  
    <CacheResource>searchContract</CacheResource>
    <PurgeChildEntries>true</PurgeChildEntries>
</InvalidateCache>
1 3 559
3 REPLIES 3

Not applicable

In short I want to purge the cache entries based on the keyFragment only(keyFragment =AB). prefix/scope should not be considered while purging/deleting the cache entries.

Will this meet your requirement

- Use Global scope

- Set proxy name in prefix

- Use holdsValAB in KeyFragment

- Set PurgeChildEntries to true in invalidate policy

So as per your comments:

1. We have CommonCache Resource used by all proxies(A,B and C)

2. Proxy A : keyFragment :AB(this will change for each new entry passed as input parameter) , Prefix: PFA , Scope: Global

so the Cachekey will be : PFA_AB ( Prefix overrides scope).

3. Proxy B : keyFragment :AB(this will change for each new entry passed as input parameter) , Prefix: PFB , Scope: Global

so the Cachekey will be : PFB_AB ( Prefix overrides scope).

4. Proxy C : Just has invalidate Cache pointing to same Cache Resource .

keyFragment :AB(this will change for each new entry passed as input parameter) , Prefix: PFC , Scope: Global

so the Cachekey will be : PFC_AB ( Prefix overrides scope).

So as per you if I have PurgeChildEntries set to true in proxyC with invalidate Cache it will delete all the entries with KeyFragment AB created by Proxies A and B. if so , this is not happening.

Also, In order to differentiate the entries made by Praxy A and B I am using Proxy specific Prefix(with scope Global it will not be possible as it overrides other proxy entries) and also I don't want to use different cache resources as an alternate.