how can I support the services that are calling the API in an event if the service goes down and consumers are not able to call the services ?

Not applicable

Question I have how can I support the services that are calling the API in an event if the service goes down and consumers are not able to call the services, how can I be able to support the API. Is there some type of documentation that will help me explain what I need to do if I were being called to help on the API support portal?

0 5 135
5 REPLIES 5

Former Community Member
Not applicable

I think we should break this problem into two - get information and create/update information.

In the case of a GET, there is nothing to be done if the service is down. APIs are real time. The consumer comes back later to asks for the information again.

In the case of PUT/POST/DELETE, the API can return an HTTP 202 (submitted) response if the backend is down. This tells the consumer to come back later to check the status of the submitted request. The request itself can be put on a queue, or written to BaaS or something similar.

@NARANA4 , Why you mean "service" , Are you talking about target service / proxy service ? Can you please add more details ?

When I say services, mean from SOAP base services to REST base services that will be consumed by the consumer and provider. When someone is trying to invoke the service thru Datapower or Message Broker in an event if consumers are not able to make calls, I will have to do some troubleshooting to support the management UI. Those kind of details I am looking to get some knowledge base to where can I help them to support the layer?

@NARANA4 , You mean, what can i do when API Proxies (APIs that are exposed to outside world like client apps) are down ? Regarding "API Support Portal" Do you mean Apigee Edge Management UI / Apigee Developer Portal ?

Yes that is correct! This is regarding the "API Support Portal' for Apigee Edge Management UI - how will be able to support when clients are making the calls to API whether the services are deployed in Dev, Test, Stage or Prod. I have a role that I need to support the 'API Support Portal" and I am looking to see what needs to done if the service fails? Your feedback is greatly appreciated!