Does Apigee support looping an array inside condition tag?

Not applicable

Example find if objectId(112) is in Array(112,133,144), it should return true for condition.

0 13 860
13 REPLIES 13

Former Community Member
Not applicable

You can use a regular expression

Regex within array ? How would that work.

Former Community Member
Not applicable

No, RegEx works on strings. I'm assuming you're dealing with a JSON Array. Treat the array as a string.

I am sorry but I am not sure how would that work in Conditional Flow. Can you please give an example ?

Not applicable

Hello @ravneetsidhu1

You can try something like this:

if(Array.indexOf("112") != -1)
	return true;

Yup, but that would be in a JS script. My question was if we can do similar comparison in conditional flow statement

@ravneetsidhu1 , @MEGHDEEP BASU was referring to Javascript policy in Apigee Edge.

Thanks @Anil Sagar.

@ravneetsidhu1, I did not get why you wanted to execute this check in the conditional flow statement on the proxy flow ? I would consider placing a javascript with the condition, set the result in a context variable in the preflow.request and then check that variable in the conditional flow, until you are trying to solve a specific use case, which I am not aware of.

@MEGHDEEP BASU : Sorry for the confusion. I am just learning Apigee and wanted to see if the platform provides that capability. I understand your point now. Thanks 🙂

@ravneetsidhu1 , No Issues, In fact it's a great Question, Any Question is welcome in Apigee Community 🙂 Keep us posted moving forward if any.

@ravneetsidhu1 , Short Answer is NO. You need to do same in Javascript & store the result in flow variable using context.setVariable("arrayResult", true/false) , use the flow variable of the result in condition.

@ravneetsidhu1 , Short Answer is NO. See similar question asked here. See comments below question for more details. Hope it helps.

Thanks for the link. I think we have to initiate a JS script to do comparison and then return Flag which would give the flow its direction.