Invoking Secured Soap Backend Service

Not applicable

Shall I be designing the API Proxy using "Reverse Proxy" or "SOAP Service with REST Interface" or "SOAP Service as Pass Through", for invoking a Secured SOAP Backend service?

My SOAP service is externally exposed through a Client Certificate (.jks key store file).

I tried using "SOAP with Rest Interface and API Key" and then accessing the built API using SOAP UI. It fails with "

{"Fault":{"faultcode":"soapenv:Server.securityException","faultstring":"com.ibm.wsspi.wssecurity.SoapSecurityException: WSEC5048E: One of \"SOAP Header\" elements required.","detail":{"encodingStyle":"NULL","TEXT":"NULL"}}}

"...............

When I tried using "SOAP Service as Pass through (without API KEY), I get "Invalid Soap Message".... Here, I have used valid SOAP Endpoint (of my backend service) as the target endpoint.

What's the right approach for building the API for this usecase?

0 1 388
1 REPLY 1

Not applicable

Also, "Soap Service as Pass Through" does not bring up the payload textbox next to the operation names. Apigee documentation shows the payload textbox but I did not get the textbox for entering request payload. That could be the reason for getting "Invalid Soap Message" in the response.

Do you know how to build the successful Pass Through Service for Weather WSDL under "Example URL"?

2.png1.png