Does Apigee Edge support mechanisms like Apache Thrift, protobuf, kryo for serialization of Java objects ?

Not applicable

Hi,

While developing proxies is it possible to use any protocol buffering mechanism like Apache Thrift, Protofbuf or Avro ?

Do we need to enable any policy specifically to use these mechanisms. We tried to use kryo library

for serialization of Java objects but we ended up getting MessageBodyProviderNotFoundException.

Thanks,

Prath

0 1 678
1 REPLY 1

I don't know what you mean by "protocol buffering mechanism".

Apigee Edge is an HTTP proxy. That means the protocol is HTTP.

If you mean "data format" , yes Apigee Edge works with whatever data serialization format, whatever content-type you are using. Many people, most people I guess, use Apigee Edge to proxy text based formats like XML and JSON. But that is not a requirement. If you send Avro, then Edge will proxy Avro. There is a question and answer here that deals with validation of Avro data based on Avro schema, and shredding of same into a Java List.

I don't know Kryo.

We tried to use kryo library for serialization of Java objects but we ended up getting MessageBodyProviderNotFoundException.

Can you elaborate on that? Where did you use that library, exactly? and how? What are you really trying to do?