Installation issue in edge-management server

ashokhein
Participant I

I'm getting the following issues on edge-ms server installation.

Java version "1.7.0_101"

Apigee : 4.16.01

IP1=172.xx.xx.xx HOSTIP=$(hostname -i) ADMIN_EMAIL=xxx@xxx.com APIGEE_ADMINPW=Secret123 LICENSE_FILE=/opt/apigee/license.txt MSIP=$IP1 APIGEE_PORT_HTTP_MS=8080 LDAP_TYPE=1 LDAP_SID=1 APIGEE_LDAPPW=Secret123 BIND_ON_ALL_INTERFACES=y MP_POD=gateway REGION=dc-1 ZK_HOSTS="$IP1" ZK_CLIENT_HOSTS="$IP1" CASS_HOSTS="$IP1" SKIP_SMTP=n

/opt/apigee/apigee-setup/bin/setup.sh -p sa -f configFile

I hope that this is not port related issue.

Connected to: "Apigee" on 172.xx.xx.xx/9160 Connected to: "Apigee" on 172.xx.xx.xx/9160 Keyspace: user_settings Column Family: user_settings Updating Keyspace: user_settings update KEYSPACE user_settings WITH placement_strategy = 'NetworkTopologyStrategy' AND strategy_options={dc-1:1}; Server is already stopped. apigee-configutil: edge-management-server: # OK apigee-service: edge-management-server: Not running (NO_LOCKFILE) apigee-service: edge-management-server: status=2, continuing apigee-service: edge-management-server: OK apigee-service: edge-management-server: edge-management-server is running Checking for management-server on 127.0.0.1 port 8080 .... OK Checking for management-server uuid 0ff83bb9-790d-44fc-a13d-60bb4098a316 Checking if management-server is up . Unable to connect to management-server on http://127.0.0.1:8080 Error: setup.sh: /opt/apigee/apigee-service/bin/apigee-service exited with unexpected status 1

I have checked the log in edge-management-server

/opt/apigee/var/log/edge-management-server/system.log

016-07-25 13:45:40,211 main INFO CLUSTER - ClusterServiceImpl.start() : Registering to join a cluster with servers of type management-server 2016-07-25 13:45:40,221 qtp544996803-41 ERROR REST - CustomJAXRSInvoker.performInvocation() : CustomJAXRSInvoker.performInvocation : Method com.apigee.registration.RegistrationManagementAPI.isServerCompletelyUp threw an exception. 2016-07-25 13:45:40,223 qtp544996803-41 ERROR REST - ExceptionMapper.toResponse() : Error occurred : Service not up yet. com.apigee.registration.ServersAPI.isServerCompletelyUp(ServersAPI.java:103) sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method) sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:57) sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)..

2016-07-25 13:45:40,478 Timer-0 INFO SERVICE.LICENSE - ScheduledLicenseValidator.run() : Stopping management server as No license found !!! 2016-07-25 13:45:40,479 Timer-0 INFO KERNEL.DEPLOYMENT - ServiceDeployer.stopService() : ServiceDeployer.unDeploy() : Successfully stopped the service : ServerBindService 2016-07-25 13:45:40,479 Timer-0 INFO KERNEL.DEPLOYMENT - ServiceDeployer.stopService() : ServiceDeployer.unDeploy() : Successfully stopped the service : ServerRegistrationService 2016-07-25 13:45:40,480 Timer-0 INFO KERNEL.DEPLOYMENT - ServiceDeployer.stopService() : ServiceDeployer.unDeploy() : Successfully stopped the service : RepositoryService 2016-07-25 13:45:40,481 main ERROR KERNEL.DEPLOYMENT - ServiceDeployer.startService() : ServiceDeployer.deploy() : Got a life cycle exception while starting service [UserService, null] : {} java.lang.NullPointerException: null at com.apigee.services.repository.zookeeper.ZKRepository.createDirectory(ZKRepository.java:69) ~[repository-impl-1.0.0.jar:na] at com.apigee.services.repository.RepositoryServiceImpl.createDirectory(RepositoryServiceImpl.java:204) ~[repository-impl-1.0.0.jar:na] at com.apigee.registration.events.WatcherBasedDispatcher.ensureTypePathExists(WatcherBasedDispatcher.java:46) ~[registration-1.0.0.jar:na]...

2016-07-25 13:45:40,483 main ERROR KERNEL - MicroKernel.deployAll() : MicroKernel.deployAll() : Error in deploying the deployment : ZooKeeperService com.apigee.kernel.exceptions.spi.UncheckedException: Starting of Service UserService failed unexpectedly..

Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException: null at com.apigee.services.repository.zookeeper.ZKRepository.createDirectory(ZKRepository.java:69) ~[repository-impl-1.0.0.jar:na]

0 2 3,043
2 REPLIES 2

Hi @Ashokkumar Ks I see a couple of issues here..

1) Are you running a All-in-one set-up? It is recommended to check the network setting prior to the installation. The installer expects that all machines have fixed IP addresses (here it's pointing to 127.0.0.1). This is one of the pre-requisites for Edge installation.

Use the following commands to validate the setting:
hostname : returns the name of the machine
hostname -i : returns the IP address for the hostname that can be addressed from other machines.

Depending on your operating system type and version, you might have to edit /etc/hosts and /etc/sysconfig/network if the hostname is not set correctly. See the documentation for your specific operating system for more information.

2) The management server is unable to locate the License file. I see the following statement in logs -

Stopping management server as No license found !!!

Can you please make sure the license file is placed in the right folder? Also confirm that (READ) access permissions are set on this file.

Not applicable

The error is "No license found". Make sure the name and path of the license file are correct. LICENSE_FILE=/opt/apigee/license.txt