SANDBOX Application

Not applicable

Hi all i am studying the documentation about sand box application but is not clear if i need to install API BaaS for having it in my envinronment. Some one can suggest a right documentation/video to study in order to get better about this functionality?

Thank you in advance

Best regards

Cosimo

0 3 433
3 REPLIES 3

@Cosimo , When you mean Sandbox App, Are you taking about Apigee Edge Developer App / Apigee BaaS (Backend As A Service) App ?

Not applicable

Hi @Anil i need a clarification because my target is have a sandbox environment where test api stubbed.

Do you have any suggestion/link documention to study?

Thank you

Cosimo

@Cosimo ,

I don't think you need Apigee BaaS to create a sandbox application that talks to your sandbox environment. Apigee BaaS is a datastore where you can store the data in JSON format & you can able to do CRUD operations using API calls. It will be helpful if you are building a mobile application / need a datastore where you can store the data & interact with data using simple API calls.

Coming to your question, We understand that you would like to talk to sandbox environment & talk to test APIs using Apigee. Here is what i suggest.

• Create API Proxy that talks to your target which has a sandbox environment where test api stubbed.
    • Let's call this API Proxy as "proxy-test-env"
  • Create an API Product called "SANDBOX_ACCESS"
    • Add above API Proxy to "SANDBOX_ACCESS" API Product
  • Now, Create an APP called SANDBOX & get the keys.
  • Use above keys to make an API call to target test environment securely using Apigee Edge.

Hope it helps. Keep us posted.