SOAP Service related documentation

Not applicable

We have a set of documents (excel, xml, jpg, etc.) that are related to each soap service operations. Some examples of the documentation includes wsdl, business rules, sample xmls, release notes, etc.

How can we load such documentation in the developer portal and tie them to the API listing. There is an option to add custom fields to smart method but that is not shown in the view. Also looks like once we update the proxy in the edge, we have to do redo the setup in the developer portal again. Not sure if we can sync up the custom field with an custom attribute to the api model.

Please provide some guidance to achieve this.

, ,

0 5 435
5 REPLIES 5

You could create a basic page(s) in Drupal to publish release notes, sample XMLs, images and other assets you may have to describe SOAP services. You can then add a link that points to these pages from the main menu. That way it shows up at the same level as your modern APIs. I would encourage you not to edit SmartDocs for SOAP services. It's originally built to support OpenAPI and Swagger API specifications. My 2 cents!

Thanks Sudheendra. Is there a way to upload a folder of documents and view that in the documentation page? We have the documents already in a sharepoint folder structure for all the services. It will be nice to import that folders into developer portal.

I believe you can... but that's under the realm of Drupal. May be @Anil Sagar has an answer for you.

@thulasi.muniraj ,

You can either use smartdocs_method content type to add new fields & upload files / create a custom content type & add new fields. Yes, those fields are not shown by default, but you can create a dynamic views block using Drupal Views module that is already available in portal & enable the created blocks in smartdocs pages using context module / block visibility settings.

You will display uploaded assets in smartdoc pages / any other pages using views module. This should be straight forward if you have little bit of Drupal Expertise. 4 - 8 hours of customization in developer portal.

So No direct way to generate smartdocs from wsdl and considering each soap action as an example for that api ?