How best to automate API management calls in Maven?

I'm looking for a way to automate API management calls via Maven as part of our CI build process. I can do this via a simple bash script with curl commands and the exec plugin, but I also need to support Microsoft build environments.

Should I continue down the script path or use something like node-curl?

1 6 657
6 REPLIES 6

If this is related to Cache, target servers configuration etc., the apigee-config-maven-plugin helps manage config in Apigee that corresponds to APIs.

https://github.com/apigee/apigee-config-maven-plugin

Thanks @Mukundha Madhavan, I got it working as a script, but its not pretty, temporary solution.

I'll check out the plugin, current needs include KVM support.

I also see the "apigee-deploy-maven-plugin" which mentions "apigee-edge-maven-plugin", as I understand these are the same, I'm using the later from Maven Plugin Repository.

KVM support will be shortly added. Yes, one of the samples uses the apigee-deploy-maven-plugin to deploy API and also create the related config items.

Not applicable

Good thinking! I see where you're coming from @Kurt Kanaskie. I like scripting languages over compiled ones to build CI/CD pipelines. I wrote Apigee Grunt.js Plugin a while ago and you can leverage any NPM modules including node-curl to incorporate any type of API calls with a few lines of code. You can build custom tasks and orchestrate them from the Gruntfile easily.

Another option I was considering is Apickli/Cucumber which I use anyway for testing.

Tracking config (KVM, Cache, Target Servers etc.,) in git is a good practice as it associates configuration with releases and changes that happen outside releases.

Any automation tool that does the job is good enough. The underlying concept is config management that would help us track and manage these dependencies effectively.