Keep the proxy revision between different organizations

Not applicable

We're working on our flow to deploy proxies between environments using the API, is there a way to keep the proxy revision between different organizations?

For example, we want to deploy a proxy at revision 7 from staging (org 1) to prod (org 2) (first time), right now we're importing/exporting the proxy and then we run the deploy, but prod will keep his own revision progress. What's the best approach to keep track of the revisions?

2 3 248
3 REPLIES 3

Can you explain a little why you want to keep the proxy revision the same? I'm assuming it's for purposes of tracking internal version number for a proxy. If that's the case, I think I would drive that from source control, and not the org-generated revision number. If my assumption is wrong there may be a different answer.

Exactly, keeping track of what we have in prod will allow us to debug/review easily if we found a bug/error in prod.

Using the source control was my first idea, but it's adding extra burden in our deployment steps, so I was curious to find out if there was a better approach.

Perhaps others here have experience with overriding the internally generated revision. But I don't think I would do that. I would address the burden you mention with using source control, rather than use the internal revision tracking for an org. This would eliminate any dependency between orgs and drive versioning through the version control system. I think this article might be useful: https://community.apigee.com/articles/26716/api-proxy-team-development-with-maven.html