List of ip address that apigee use for proxyng api request to our backend?

I have the need to secure api access on our backend.

i have already setted up api access authentication using client certificate,

The question is, How can I retrieve a list of ip address that apigee use for proxyng api request?

Having that white list of ip address can I ensure that all calls only come from these address and that these are non modified? Or will I be informed on changes of that?

Thank you

Alessandro Valentini

3 5 2,244
5 REPLIES 5

@a.valentini , Welcome to Apigee Community

I believe Fixed IP option is available in Apigee Edge Enterprise Plan & you can whitelist Apigee IP Addresses in your backend so that only Apigee can make API calls. As far as i know, most of Apigee Edge customers implement two-way SSL to secure connection between Apigee Edge & Target EndPoint.

Stay tuned for more expert answers.

I don't have an edge enterprice profile, and i don't want to upgrage for that feature.
Using Edge Start profile can i have a list of ip address to trust or is impossible to do an ip white list because they are always different?

See similar question asked here.

"Yes, this can be done, but the IP addresses are different for each customer/organization. Open a ticket in your support portal and we'll be happy to help.

Note that you can only do this for a paid organization, not a developer (free) organization. There is no guarantee that message processor IP addresses will stay the same."

One quick comment.. while I believe there is still no guarantee that IP addresses will stay the same, now that we are using NAT (https://community.apigee.com/articles/26974/blue-green-release-rollout-and-auto-scaling.html) customers should see a smaller and more stable set of IPs.

Not applicable

Any success getting that ip list? I need those too 😃