How to add a private Rate plan to a developer

Not applicable

There are 2 types of access level for the rate plans. The public rate plans are visible for each developer on the developer portal and a developer is able to access the public rate plan under a given package from the developer portal.

However the private rate plans under a given package is not visible for any developer on the developer portal. If we want to subscribe a developer to a private rate plan, how do we do that?

In the Apigee documentation its mentioned that this needs to be done from an API or management UI but its not clear on steps we need to take to complete such operation. Can someone help us out with the steps needed to subscribe a developer to a private rate plan?

1 6 259
6 REPLIES 6

Not applicable

This is the curl command I am using but its getting 401 Unauthorized:

curl -H "Content-Type:application/json" -X POST -d '{"developer":{"id":"{developerName}"},"startDate":"2016-07-15","ratePlan":{"id":"Enterprise"},"suppressWarning":false}' "https://api.enterprise.apigee.com/v1/mint/organizations/{org_name}/developers/{developerName}/developer-rateplans" -u "developerName@mailinator.com":"123456"

Make sure you supply valid credentials via -u param. Also make sure you can access the organization.

401 is not monetization specific response code - it's Authentication/Authorization related.

Not applicable

I am able to provide the credentials and have access but what I am puzzled about is how to find the Rateplan ID? I am using the rate plan name as the ID. For example:

- MonetizePackage (Package Name)

- RatePlan3 (Rate plan name)

So in this case I use RatePlan3 as the rateplan Id but its throwing error that no rate plan with id [org_name@@@rateplan3] found

llynch

Hi @TariqGhalib. And if you are looking for the rate plan ID, see Viewing rate plans. The rate plan ID that must be specified is different from the displayName. I'll update the docs to make sure that this is more clear. Sorry about the confusion!