Max Length of a KVM variable value?

Not applicable

What is the max length constraint on the value of a KVM variable? I have a long value (PEM key) and JS object model truncates it on reading. The value in KVM is stored fine and is complete.

0 4 550
4 REPLIES 4

Former Community Member
Not applicable

This doesn't help answer your question directly, but, please consider using Apigee's trust store to store your PEM (in the case of a public key). You can access the trust store via management APIs in the proxy.

If the PEM file is a private key, consider using the vault (since the data will be encrypted).

Thx. Isn't vault available only to nodejs apps?

Hello @LZ Dev, I wanted to add an important note: encrypted KVMs are here. Details are in our documentation: http://docs.apigee.com/api-services/reference/key-value-map-operations-policy . You now have an option for encrypted data without having to use Node.js.

Not applicable

i figured out the problem. I believe KVM splits the values using comma as a separator. My PEM key had commas and I was using index=1 in KVM policy's GET parameter section. As a result, KVM policy returned the string upto first comma. I removed index=1 and now I get complete value.