Apigee Edge - Error creating object Bundle size is greater than the 15 MB ?

I have a 17MB JAR file that is making the bundle large. Are there any restrictions on Bundle Size ? Is it configurable in OPDK ? What's the limit on CLOUD ?

~~ Q : Source : Slack ~~

Solved Solved
0 5 579
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@Anil Sagar,

Yes the API Proxy bundle size cannot exceed more than 15 MB. It can be configured in the Private Cloud.

Please refer to the below links for more details:

1. Best practices for API proxy design and development
  2. API proxy size limitation
  3. API Proxy Deployment fails with the error - "Error while accessing datastore;Please retry later”

Regards,

Amar

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

@Anil Sagar,

Yes the API Proxy bundle size cannot exceed more than 15 MB. It can be configured in the Private Cloud.

Please refer to the below links for more details:

1. Best practices for API proxy design and development
  2. API proxy size limitation
  3. API Proxy Deployment fails with the error - "Error while accessing datastore;Please retry later”

Regards,

Amar

Thank you @AMAR DEVEGOWDA , It's helpful.

Former Community Member
Not applicable
@Anil Sagar

Let me add to the excellent points from @AMAR DEVEGOWDA. Generally, one exceeds the limit when developing Java Callouts (the other use case is with node.js). I have found that loading the JARs into the ENV level helps reduce the size of the proxy and also improves UI performance.

@Srinandan Sridhar , How can we load JARs directly into ENV & reference same in Proxy ? Is it available on Cloud too ?

Not applicable

Management APIs are available to upload any of the resources at Env as well as the Org level. This also help to avoid duplication.