Where can i find documentation related to Monetization Limits Check Policy ?

I see a policy called "Monetization Limits Check" for monetization enabled org in Apigee Edge. But i can't able to find documentation related to same neither in Policy Reference Page nor in Apigee Docs Site.

Any help regarding same @docs ?

~~ Q : Source : Slack ~~

Solved Solved
0 9 325
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

llynch

llynch

@Anil Sagar - A new topic describing the Monetization Limits Check policy is available here:

Enforcing monetization limits using the Monetization Limits Check policy

Thank you again for raising this question and uncovering the outage in docs! Thanks, too, to @rajanish@apigee.com for helping me validate the content in this section.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

You are right. The feature is in deprecation process. We do not promote it's usage anymore.

Thank you @akhimich for quick reply, It's helpful.

llynch

Thanks @Liz Lynch for the pointer. It's helpful.

@Liz Lynch , @akhimich , Thank You for the quick replies, It's super helpful. You have broken the myth of response times are better if you post in slack. Way to go guys !! I am sure it will be helpful for others too.

PS: Above Question was posted in slack, Answered first in community !!

@Anil Sagar - You are welcome!! Wanted to let you know that your question spurred further discussion and @rajanish@apigee.com (thanks, Rajanish!) has identified use cases where this policy is still valid. Though setting custom limits has been deprecated and removed, and is no longer a valid use case for this policy, you can still use it for other business enforcement, such as:

1. Developer accessing monetized API.
2. Developer exceeding bands defined in the rateplan.
3. Prepaid balance depletion.

So we appreciate your inquiry as you have identified an outage! I will post a link to the topic that describes the usage of the policy as soon as it's complete.

Thanks again, Anil!

Awesome @Liz Lynch , Thank you for the update.

llynch

@Anil Sagar - A new topic describing the Monetization Limits Check policy is available here:

Enforcing monetization limits using the Monetization Limits Check policy

Thank you again for raising this question and uncovering the outage in docs! Thanks, too, to @rajanish@apigee.com for helping me validate the content in this section.

Super Cool @Liz Lynch , Doc looks great !!