How to use the variable found in context of callout proxy in the calling proxy

Hi All,

Am trying to use apigee cloud installation to do a service callout to nodejs. How do i use the context of one of the variables set in the callout proxy in the calling proxy. Attaching both the proxies for more clarity where no target is the calling proxy and nodejs is the call out

Solved Solved
1 2 618
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@vednath pittala ,

You can call one proxy from another proxy using Proxy Chaining concept. Find more about same here and service callout policy example here. You can make a callout to other proxy using Service Callout policy as explained in above link.

I doubt, as of today, you can access one proxy flow variables from another proxy using proxy chaining out of the box.

But, You can just set the variable key value in proxy response headers using Assign Message Policy so that same flow variable will be available in another proxy. You can read the service callout response content & response headers using flow variables.

See below proxies attached that demonstrate same,

callingproxy-rev1-2016-07-07.zip

nodejsbackend-rev1-2016-07-07.zip

3112-screen-shot-2016-07-07-at-94805-pm.png

Hope it's helpful.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

nodejs-rev1-2016-07-07.zipno-target-rev1-2016-07-07.zip the two proxies are attached below

@vednath pittala ,

You can call one proxy from another proxy using Proxy Chaining concept. Find more about same here and service callout policy example here. You can make a callout to other proxy using Service Callout policy as explained in above link.

I doubt, as of today, you can access one proxy flow variables from another proxy using proxy chaining out of the box.

But, You can just set the variable key value in proxy response headers using Assign Message Policy so that same flow variable will be available in another proxy. You can read the service callout response content & response headers using flow variables.

See below proxies attached that demonstrate same,

callingproxy-rev1-2016-07-07.zip

nodejsbackend-rev1-2016-07-07.zip

3112-screen-shot-2016-07-07-at-94805-pm.png

Hope it's helpful.