ZK_HOSTS invalid hostname Error while installing Private Cloud 4.16

Hi ,

We are trying to install 2-host standalone in one of our VMs.
We have checked all the prerequisites and everything is looking good.

While installing the profile - sa on first node using the below command:

sudo /opt/apigee/apigee-setup/bin/setup.sh -p sa -f configFile

1)we can see that zookeeper installation is complete

2)After installation we are getting the below error:

Validating setup variables Checking for required variables Checking required variable

ZK_HOSTS...Invalid hostname

HOSTIP...Unknown

RUN_USER...OK Checking required variable

RUN_GROUP...OK

Any help would be appreciated!

Solved Solved
0 5 904
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Not applicable

Hi there!

Looks like you are not defining the right value for ZK_HOSTS= in silent conf and for HOSTIP, $(hostname -i) is not getting the correct value. Please check $(hostname -i) returns the correct internal IP of the host. Here is the sample conf for 'sax' profile. Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Archendra

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Not applicable

Hi there!

Looks like you are not defining the right value for ZK_HOSTS= in silent conf and for HOSTIP, $(hostname -i) is not getting the correct value. Please check $(hostname -i) returns the correct internal IP of the host. Here is the sample conf for 'sax' profile. Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Archendra

@archendra

I defined the proper IP address in ZK_HOSTS, but still I am getting the same problems.

I have been installing the Apigee on premises with no external connection.

Also , I'm getting the LDAP_TYPE - unknown value.

Do you have any ideas?

Hi, Do we have a solution for this. We are also having same issue

Not applicable

Hi we ran into the same issue some days ago. We solved it creating the config file directly in the linux machine (using vi). From apigee docs: "Creating a config file on a Windows machine and then copying it to a Linux machine can add additional end-of-line, carriage return, or newline characters to the file that are not compatible with all Linux utilites. This situation can also occur if you copy text from a Windows editor and paste into a Linux window. As an alternative, you can use the Linux dos2unix utility to clean up a config file created on Windows. Or, make sure to do all editting of config files in a Linux editor."

This works well for us thanks