What is the maximum allowed size of the payload of a POST request?

Not applicable

Solved Solved
0 7 60.5K
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Not applicable

The limit on the payload size of a POST request is defined by configuration.

The default configuration for the limit in Apigee Edge (Cloud) is 10 MB. The default configuration for an OPDK installation is 3 MB.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Not applicable

The limit on the payload size of a POST request is defined by configuration.

The default configuration for the limit in Apigee Edge (Cloud) is 10 MB. The default configuration for an OPDK installation is 3 MB.

Can you please advise, what will be the impact if we try to increase it to 5MB. Also please direct me to the configuration where we need to make the changes.

Also if you are aware any type of limiting on response size at APIGEE layer ?

How to change this configuration in Cloud ? I have a need to change this limit to 16 MB in cloud.

Now the OPDK limit is 10MB

@Satyajit Roy Choudhury, @sarthak

• Please note that the request payload size is a system level property that is setup in the Message Processors. So modifying its value will affect all the API proxies that are part of an org/env associated with the Message Processors.
  • In Edge for Private Cloud on-premises deployments, you can edit the message processor http.properties file to increase the limit in theHTTPRequest.body.buffer.limit parameter. Ensure that is well tested before deploying the change to production.
  • Recommended best practice is to use streaming for requests/responses if the request or response payload size is here. See Streaming requests and responses for more details.

Not applicable

How do I validate this setting on the cloud platform? I am sending a post that is only 4mb but I'm receiving a "request entity too large" error

@Ben Rodriguez, You should be able to stream 4MBs. Try enabling streaming as suggested above by @AMAR DEVEGOWDA to see if that fixes the error.