Not Able to Parse Extension base in WSDL for API Proxy type REST to SOAP to REST

Not applicable

We are trying to create an API Proxy using a WSDL which has a local schema specified...

The local schema has the input and output types specified as complex types with Extension Bases.. When the API is created with REST to SOAP Policy components only the fields mentioned explicitly in Input/Output type in local schema are defined as Query Parameters... The fields mentioned under the type for the extension base are skipped..

This leads to us to manually add these fields for all the 30 operations for the WSDL

e.g: Assume the following is the type of input element...

<xs:complexType name="RequestWrapper">

<xs:complexContent>

<xs:extension base="tns:ServiceRequestWrapper">

<xs:sequence> <xs:element name="request" type="tns:AuthRequest"/> </xs:sequence> </xs:extension>

</xs:complexContent>

</xs:complexType>

On creating an API with this input type only AuthRequest is mentioned in the Input of REST and the fields under ServiceRequestWrapper are lost... Is there a better way out for this?

The way to process the WSDL in its entirety inculsive of extension base elements in WSDL Local Schema

0 8 364
8 REPLIES 8

Former Community Member
Not applicable

@raghavendran.venkateshwaran would it be possible to send the wsdl and xsds to my email? I'd like to take a look at it.

Kindly ping me the email ID. I will check if i can send out the sanitised version of the wsdl

Former Community Member
Not applicable

@raghavendran.venkateshwaran

ssridhar at apigee dot com

Not applicable

Kindly ping me the email ID. I will check if i can send out the sanitised version of the wsdl

Former Community Member
Not applicable

@raghavendran.venkateshwaran, you can the generate the API proxy bundle from here: https://github.com/srinandan/wsdl2apigee

The readme has instructions on how to install and use it. If you notice bugs, I request you to open them on GitHub.

Need to run this on windows.Also kindly let me know how do i change the mapping for new API proxy from GET to Post

Former Community Member
Not applicable

Please use maven to build the jar. There are two options to change the mapping. Both are explained in the README.

Former Community Member
Not applicable

@raghavendran.venkateshwaran, There was a bug in the build process. It has been fixed and I have tried building on Windows. Can you please perform a git pull and try again?