How to be notified when Developers or Apps change?

Not applicable

We need to copy developer and app information to a different database when the Dev and App meet certain conditions. We will host the logic to call in an Apigee Node.js service and now I just need to invoke this service when Devs and Apps are changed.

I don't see any events or notifications in Apigee that I can hook into, but I see that Drupal has Rules and Actions that can fire when a Dev and App are changed/inserted. Yet I can't see how I might call a node.js service or otherwise invoke custom code. Only emails, content actions,etc are available.

Am I on the right track here? Any ideas how I can achieve this?

Thanks

Dave

1 1 176
1 REPLY 1

@DavidHickey , Welcome to Apigee Community 🙂

It's Possible, We have done same for a couple of customers by writing simple custom module in Developer Portal. Apigee Developer Portal exposes Drupal Hooks that can be implemented in a custom module which will fire your service by making an HTTP API call using Drupal API drupal_http_request ,

You need to use below hooks in developer portal,

hook_devconnect_user_save - documented in /profiles/apigee/modules/custom/devconnect/devconnect_user/devconnect_user.api.php

hook_devconnect_developer_app_presave / hook_devconnect_developer_app_save documented in /profiles/apigee/modules/custom/devconnect/devconnect_developer_apps/devconnect_developer_apps.api.php

You need a little bit of custom drupal module development expertise to achieve same. Keep us posted if you have any queries.