Edge deployment Error

Not applicable

We have Apigee installed on our local servers and I am deploying a new version of the API, and I am getting the following error :

Error in deployment for environment public.

The revision is deployed and traffic can flow, but flow may be impaired. Call timed out; either server is down or server is not reachable

I get this error each time I undeploy / redeploy the API.

Any suggestion on how to fix this issue ?

Thanks

Solved Solved
0 5 217
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

adas

One of your message-processor or router nodes must be down, causing the deployment to fail on that node. That's the most likely reason. If you want to find on, what exactly is the status of the deployment you should do this:

GET /v1/o/{o}/e/{env}/apis/{api}/revisions/{rev}/deployments -u username:pswd

This would return you the deployment status overall and for each of your router and message processor nodes with their uuids. You might see 1 or more servers in state "error" with some description of the error. Once you identify the server, take its uuid and make a call to get the hostname:

GET /v1/servers/{uuid} -u sysadminuser:sysadminpswd

From that point onwards, you know which of your nodes are sick or down. Try doing a restart of those nodes and then check the deployment status again. If the nodes, come up fine then the deployment status should show "deployed" for all nodes.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Not applicable

@miloud This issue typically occurs when there is some connectivity issues between the components like MP's, Management Server, ZK etc.. Did you say this issue occurs every single time? What version of our product are you using? Also it would be great if you could open a issue through our support channels.

Not applicable

Hi Vinit,

Thanks for your reply, we are using, we are using version 4.15.07.00. this issue was not happning before, but now it happens very single time, I can not deploy or redeploy any new API proxy.

we will double check the conectevity between the nodes.

Thanks,

adas

One of your message-processor or router nodes must be down, causing the deployment to fail on that node. That's the most likely reason. If you want to find on, what exactly is the status of the deployment you should do this:

GET /v1/o/{o}/e/{env}/apis/{api}/revisions/{rev}/deployments -u username:pswd

This would return you the deployment status overall and for each of your router and message processor nodes with their uuids. You might see 1 or more servers in state "error" with some description of the error. Once you identify the server, take its uuid and make a call to get the hostname:

GET /v1/servers/{uuid} -u sysadminuser:sysadminpswd

From that point onwards, you know which of your nodes are sick or down. Try doing a restart of those nodes and then check the deployment status again. If the nodes, come up fine then the deployment status should show "deployed" for all nodes.

Hi this was very helpful, thanks.

one of the nodes was no responding.

Thanks.

Not applicable

Hello,

We observe such issue in our dev environment where we do repeated restarts of router/message processor for various activity like cert addition, script testing etc. Whenever developer reports this error, we restart the management server. Once management server is restarted the issue gets fixed.

Thanks,

Adarsh